Police Station Information

Braintree - Rayne Road was opened in and closed in

There is no known surviving photograph of Braintree's earliest police station.

The police station is marked on the 1875 Ordnance Survey map, next to Braintree Union Workhouse. The map doesn't, however, indicate the precise location.

In the 1960s, the site was redeveloped and some of the earlier police station buildings were demolished to make way for the local authority houses and flats which stand on the site today. The road into this development was named Peel Crescent, after Sir Francis John Peel, who served as Chief Constable of Essex Police between 1933 and 1962.


The building's current function is: Demolished
Braintree Rayne Road Police Station on 1875 OS Map
Image credit: Braintree Rayne Road Police Station on 1875 OS Map

51.878934266184, 0.54343739659003